New statewide campaign will target Speaker Robin Vos and 21 other members with TV and digital ads for threatening to overturn the will of Wisconsin voters
WASHINGTON – September 12, 2023 – Today Republican Accountability Project launched a new six-figure Wisconsin ad campaign targeting Speaker Robin Vos and extreme Republicans for threatening to impeach Judge Janet Protasiewicz.
The campaign will run this 30-second ad on Fox News statewide, including in prime time. It will also run digitally in the districts of Speaker Vos and 20 other extreme Republicans who are backing the impeachment effort (names listed below).
“The election was a landslide,” the ad says over images of Judge Protasiewicz’s victory. “Wisconsin voters overwhelmingly elected Judge Janet Protasiewicz. Now some extreme Republicans in Madison want to impeach Judge Protasiewicz before she’s even ruled on a single case.”
The ad closes by saying: “That’s not how democracy works in Wisconsin. Here, state Supreme Court justices are chosen by the people, not politicians. Call your legislators and tell them not to overturn the will of Wisconsin voters.”
Republican Accountability Project is made up of Republicans, former Republicans, and conservatives who are committed to protecting and preserving American democracy. The campaign consciously uses pro-democracy messaging to appeal to conservatives and independents who are alarmed by extreme Republicans’ anti-democratic actions in the state.
“Wisconsin voters came through loud and clear in this year’s special election,” said Gunner Ramer, political director for Republican Accountability Project. “We’re reminding voters of the importance of making their voices heard and ensuring that elected officials don’t overturn the will of the people.”
The full list of Republican members whose districts the campaign is targeting can be found below:
- Rep. Robin Vos, R-Rochester, District 63
- Rep. David Steffen, R-Green Bay, District 4
- Rep. Jessie Rodriguez, R-Oak Creek, District 21
- Rep. Chanz Green, R-Grandview, District 74
- Rep. Bob Donovan, R-Milwaukee, District 84
- Rep. Patrick Snyder, R-Schofield, District 85
- Rep. John Macco, R-Ledgeview, District 88
- Rep. Loren Oldenburg, R-Viroqua, District 96
- Rep. Travis Tranel, R-Cuba City, District 49
- Rep. Todd Novak, R-Dodgeville, District 51
- Rep. Nate Gustafson, R-Neenah, District 55
- Rep. Angie Sapik, R-Lake Nebagamon, District 73
- Sen. Rob Hutton, R-Brookfield, District 5
- Sen. Rachael Cabral-Guevara, R-Appleton, District 19
- Sen. Daniel Knodl, R-Germantown, District 8
- Sen. Eric Wimberger, R-Green Bay, District 30
- Sen. Howard Marklein, R-Spring Green, District 17
- Sen. Romaine Robert Quinn, R-Cameron, District 25
- Sen. Joan Ballweg, R-Markesan, District 14
- Sen. Robert Cowles, R-Green Bay, District 2
- Sen. Patrick Testin, R-Stevens Point, District 24
To be connected with spokespeople from Republican Accountability Project for interview, contact Tony Franquiz at [email protected] or 443-243-6366.
# # #