Our Capitol was attacked by a mob that believed that the 2020 election was being stolen. They were encouraged by the lies and actions of President Trump and many Republican members of Congress. In the name of accountability, it’s vitally important we remember which Congressional Republicans stood with democracy and the Constitution, and which did not.
RAP’s Democracy Grade is determined by evaluating members of Congress based on six criteria:
- Did he or she sign on to the amicus brief filed along with Texas’ lawsuit to the Supreme Court that sought to nullify votes cast in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Georgia? More Info
- Did he or she object to the certification of Electoral College votes from at least one state? More Info
- Did he or she make public statements that cast doubt on the legitimacy of the 2020 election? More Info
- Did he or she vote to hold Trump accountable via impeachment or conviction? More Info
- Did he or she vote to create an independent commission to investigate the January 6th insurrection. More Info
- Did he or she vote to hold Steve Bannon in contempt of Congress. More Info
Did your members of Congress support American democracy when it needed it? Use our legislator search tool.